This quilt turned out awesome. I received this pattern and material from the quilt shop I sew for. I thought there is no way I can do this. Taking the challenge I decided to try it. The pattern name is "Torque" by Jessica J. E. Smith. It includes full color instructions and shows you how to put it together for 5 different sizes. I was reading through the instructions and I was overwhelmed. So I decided just start and make one set of blocks and go from there. So now I have all these blocks on my table, 18 of each, some big blocks and some small blocks. Finally got all the pieces sewed together and starting arranging the blocks to look like the pattern called for. Thank goodness for a flannel board. I don't think I would have been successful in getting it put together right if I wouldn't have had one. I did 1/2 the quilt at a time than the other half and sewed it all down the middle to finish it. Was I surprised when I laid it out on the floor and everything worked! I was so scared that I'd have to rip apart because I got one or more blocks going the wrong way. I apologize for the wrinkles but you get the idea.
I wouldn't suggest this type of quilt for a beginner. I'm not sure I will make another one in the near future but will probably try different colors sometime. I really loved the purples. It was hard to give it up all the time I spent on it but knew that going into it. Oh well sometime I'll brave it again and try it.
If you've made one of these let me know what you thought. Would love to hear from you.