Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More with Panels and Borders.....





I wanted to talk more on panels and borders today. One of my choices for my granddaughter, Mariah’s baby quilt was another panel “Baby’s First Friends” by Pat Yville, #21454, Wilmington Prints Collection. This panel had many matching pieces which I had to buy. Yes, just what I needed was more material but how can I not pick all these wonderful colors to make this adorable quilt. At the time I decided this was my baby quilt I didn’t know if it was a girl or boy. So I chose the greens, yellows and blues. I was really happy with the end result.


Another thing you can do with border prints, especially with this baby material, I chose to make matching bumper guards. I decided to make six individual pads, tying them together with matching material bias strip ties, and matching dimple cuddle material for the backs. 
(Tip: If you can’t find a border print that works for you, add a row of 4” pieced blocks along the top and bottom. Don’t forget you can use a theme print for the outer border also.)

I hope that maybe I’ve opened a few more doors now with panel and border prints. Try them you can have so much fun and it’s exciting to see the end project. I would love to hear some of your ideas with border and panel prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment