Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Little Bo Peep

This has really been a fun project to work on.  I come home from work, make supper and then try and go to my sewing room even if its for a few minutes.  Just sit at the machine and listen to it hum around each piece. 

Little Bo Peep is another block that goes in the Mother Goose Nursery Quilt along with the Humpty Dumpty post I did on my blog.

This is another block where you can use any scraps that you might have stashed away. Put fabrics together that you wouldn't even consider putting together and see how it comes to life.

Background is 14 1/2" x 14 1/2" with 2 1/2" strips for borders.  Trace pieces of block unto fusible web.  Then cut out the pieces leaving a 1/4" inch around each piece. Match pieces to color of scraps that you would like to use for that piece.  Blanket stitch with sewing machine or by hand using the color of your choice for that particular piece.

Attach black buttons, I used glass beads used in jewelry making, for eyes on Bo Peep and her sheep.

Blush cheeks using makeup or pencil (which on this picture I forgot to do).

Then embroider using how many strands of thread you want, I chose 2 strands of black, the words "Little Bo Peep."

I think the next block will be "Owl and Pussycat."  Check back and see how this quilt comes to life with each block.  I'm doing all 9 blocks!

In the meantime,
Keep on stitchin'

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment