Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"The Owl and Pussycat" block..........................



Well we’ve had our first snow in this area (Kansas, USA).  They say the day the first snow falls is how many snows you’ll get in the coming winter.  Hope that’s not true cause if it is we can look to have 18 snows this winter.  That’s a lot of snows and a lot of shoveling.  When the snow falls I fill like its time to get out the Crockpot and make soup.  Guess I better be finding some new recipes for soups if I’m making 18 this winter.  

The Owl and Pussycat is such a cute block that goes with the “Mother Goose” quilt.  Again it’s made with scraps out of your own stash.  You pick and choose what goes where.  I basically did it the same way as I did on the other blocks.  On the Pussycat’s face I embroidered the nose with 2 strands of black floss verses blanket stitching a black nose on it.  This would be up to you how you’d like to do it because I do it both ways. For the eyes again I used black glass beads (used in jewelry making).  I like the look of it but you can use tiny buttons. 

Looking at this block doesn’t it make you feel like you’re in the boat? The waves to me create that feel. They’re so happy.

Be sure to check back while I continue on with the next block.  

Oh and if you have a good soup recipe send it my way.

So keep on stitchin,
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment