Monday, November 4, 2013

Time for everything...................











There is a time for everything,
A season for all things under heaven.
A time to be born, a time to die.
A time to plant, a time to harvest…
A time to grieve, a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones, a time to gather stones.
A purpose for all things under heaven.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2, 4-5







This is one of my favorite versus out of the Bible. There’s always time, you just have to make time.  Life is very short sometimes so let’s make the best of things now and make time for things we love to do besides being with family. 

I know one of the things I love to do is sew.  I will make time for sewing because it is a stress reliever for me even if I have to resew something.  During my childhood I joined 4H and learned to sew.  I didn’t like sewing because I seem to have to rip a bunch because my body wasn’t perfect.  Ha Ha  I sewed off and on during high school but after high school sewed very little.  Then I found a wall hanging I wanted to try for Christmas.  That’s when I fell in love with quilting.  I’ve been quilting ever since.

This wall hanging is made with scraps of dark and medium fabrics that I had in my stash.  Then I sent it to my quilter and let her stipple all over it.  Really liked the way it turned out.  I’ve also made a few extras and handed them out when I needed a quick gift.  Using scraps the only expense you have is the panel and quilter if you decide to take it to a quilter. 

So don’t just walk by the panels in your quilt store.  Check them out and do a log cabin design around the outside.  Quick and easy.

Keep Stitchin’
Connie


No comments:

Post a Comment