Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cho Cho.................









Several years ago, well more than several, I made my grandsons a train quilt.  I had found a panel at Walmart, which is the center of the quilt, and then went and designed from there.  Pulling the colors out of the panel I picked the bright colors such as yellow, red, green and blue.  Out of these colors I made a 9 patch to go in each corner of the borders.  


Now if you look close you will see that in between the borders I added a 2” sashing of rail material.
Yes, that is the whole piece nothing but rails, rails and rails.  I fuzzy cut the rails out so they would run straight. I found this material on a shop hop in a little shop in the country.  No town for miles around but they had everything.  Couldn’t believe it and I bought a large amount because I figured I’d never find it again.  Still have some left and probably should sell it because I don’t think I’ll ever use it again. 

I seen one of the quilts about a month ago and they have really worn well.  The mother says that’s all they use when they sleep or cold sitting on the couch.  Glad they enjoy them.

Again don't be scared to buy a panel and make it your own quilt.  It's fun and whoever receives it will love it forever.

Here's to keep a stitchin'
Connie

2 comments:

  1. I would like to say thank for sharing this great article.
    Bosch Washing Machines
    Bosch Fridges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love appliqueing...its about my favorite kind of quilt to do....This is gonna be one of my projects....I want to find and do my own kind of train..I thought about around the border and something in the center...but I haven't decided yet...thank you ..love it

    ReplyDelete