Saturday, July 9, 2016

Looking through the window.............


                                                                                                                                                                    Love this quilt.......





I want to share with you a couple of panels that I purchased to try the pattern "Attic Window."  I watched a tutorial on this with Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I would suggest that if you're interested in trying this be sure to watch this tutorial.  It wasn't hard at all.

With this panel I used camouflaged material for the border.  I framed it out with just a small strip of black fabric and using a brown and light tan for the casings of the window.   I really like how it turned out.









This Attic Window was the first one I made.  I learned on this one with a panel that has eyes you need to watch how you cut the panel in blocks.  As you see in the Santa Claus's face you can hardly see the eyes.This is because the quarter inch seam takes most the eyes out.  So when I did the deers I figured that in with cutting more off the top and bottom to make sure the eyes were towards the center of the block. Hoping that makes sense and if you watched the tutorial it probably does make sense.  This is the only pattern of Attic Windows I will use on panels now.  Love it!

There are many panels out there now that can use this pattern.  Many flowers, trees, landscapes, birds, and animal panels.  It's endless.

So go to the internet or your local quilt shop and see what kind of panel you can find to try this technique.  I'm sure you'll fall in love with it also.

So keep stitchin'
until next time,

Connie




No comments:

Post a Comment