Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Twist and Shout......

My granddaughter, Mariah who just celebrated her 2nd birthday needed a dollie blanket.  Well Grandma thought she did because I was tired of folding up a larger blanket to fit her dollie and then within a minute she wanted me to do it again.

I had seen a tutorial on the "Twister" tool and it fascinated me. If you have a chance and you're on You Tube search for the Twister tool and watch it. See if it made you want to try it! Well anyway, I purchased the Twister tool that fit 5" charms called the "Lil Twister."  There is another tool that works with a 6 1/2" square and called the "Midi Twister." A short version of the instructions is you lay out all your squares adding sides, top and bottom borders. Tip:  Make sure you have different colors that don't match your border.  If you notice on mine (right hand side on bottom row) I have a blue charm pinwheel in a corner and it just blends in with the border.  You can make this any size you want but I wanted a doll blanket sizeso that's why I chose the 5" squares.  Then you start in the left hand corner and match seams to the black x on the tool and cut.  Keep cutting across the top row that you've sewn. 

Make sure you line these cut blocks up as you go so you're pinwheels will line up right when you sew
them.  If you notice in the picture on the right you can see the 4 individual squares that make the big square.  You would get this when you sew the next row onto the previous row.

When you cut be sure to save your scraps because there is a smaller twister tool for 2 1/2" squares.  You're not really loosing hardly any fabric.  I have cut all my 2 1/2" squares from scraps and some day will get them sewed up and use the smaller twister tool to make another very small quilt.  So keep watching my blog because one of these days I'll have that mini quilt to show.

Well watch the tutorial, get yourself a twister book and start sewing those squares together!  It's additive!!

Keep stitchin,
Connie

3 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics,bright and cheerful.I have the twister,the large one for 10 inch squares,perfect with layer cakes,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the next size, 6 1/2" squares didn't know there was a 10" squares. I have some layer cakes maybe I'll have to get the 10. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing.
    Bosch Washing Machines
    Bosch Fridges
    Bosch Freezers

    ReplyDelete