Sunday, May 29, 2016

Mirror Mirror

Happy Memorial Day to Everyone!

We've had quite a bit of rain here in Kansas.  I think they someone said that whole state just this month has had over 54 inches of rain.  To tell you the truth I'm glad to finally see the sunshine yesterday and they say part of today.  Friday I spent the whole day in the basement vacuuming up water that had come in from the cracks in the floor.  Not much you can do about that with out tearing up the floor and starting over.  I'm sure not going to do that right now.  More rain is forecasted for the next 3 days!  Again all I can say is "Gloom!"  I know in July we'll wish we could have some rain.  Never happy it seems but moderation would be nice.

Anyway back to my favorite subject "Quilting."  This is a quilt I sewed called "Mirror Mirror" by Cozy Quilt Designs.  The Designer is Georgette Dell'Orco.  It is designed for a Baby, Large Throw, Twin, Queen and also a King size bed.  Either size you make it is designed to use various amounts of printed fat quarters. From each fat quarter you will cut strips of different sizes to create the blocks.  I used bulk fabric for my strips. You will also need background fabric and of course your borders, backing and binding. The pattern has different ways of putting this block together for different designs.  It was a fun quilt to sew.

I sewed this quilt for a display at "Kessler Kreations" in Hillsboro, Ks.  Stop in and see it sometime if you're in the area.

Hope you enjoyed this quilt.  Get your creative juices going and try something new!

Until the next time,
Happy Stitchin'

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment